The following privacy notice details the who, what, why, where, when and how of collecting your personal information.
When we say “we”, “I”, or “us”, we are referring to Combating Human Trafficking Research Team.
2. Who has access to your information?
You are free to share with us any information about your lived experiences of human trafficking. Under no circumstances, will we sell your data. We may share essential information with our NGO partners.
This website uses the following:
- WordPress is the platform used to develop this website.
- Ninja Forms collects your name, email, phone and message when you make an online enquiry.
- Totemic IT provide secure hosting for this website.
- Google Analytics is used to track the use of our website.
- Microsoft Outlook and One Drive are used to communicate via email and store research information.
3. What information do we collect about you?
You are free to share with us any information about your lived experiences of human trafficking if you are a survivor. All information you share with us will be kept strictly confidential.
Any information we use in research outputs will be anonymised and a unique code will be used so that you cannot be recognised from it. Anonymised data may also be stored in data archives for future researchers interested in this area.
4. Where is your data stored/used?
All data is stored on a secure One Drive and can only be accessed by the research team.
5. How long is your data stored for?
Your information you share with us will kept securely for 7 years. After this time your data will be disposed of securely. During this time all precautions will be taken by the research team to maintain your confidentiality, only members of the research team will have access to your personal data.
6. How is your data used?
7. Your rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals (data subjects):
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information or to request rectification or erasure, please email us. We will respond to your request to modify or delete information within 28 days.